Dev-блог 101

dfedc.jpg

Experiment Week
As mentioned in last week’s blog we’re taking a week off to learn and work on experiments this week. This doesn’t seem like the place to be listing what everyone is doing, since this is a Rust blog and not a Facepunch blog. But here’s a few things that are happening in waywo.

It’s been a fun week so far. It’s been a long time since I made a game from scratch, and has made me appreciate how lucky I am to be able to do it for a living.

Skin Changes
A few changes in the item store. A bunch of items that weren’t really selling anything have been removed from sale – but they’re still randomly dropped.

The Tempered AK47 has been removed from the item store but still random drops. This is probably a bit confusing. At the moment workshop skin creators don’t get paid on market transactions, they only get paid on direct item sales (this is a limitation on the inventory system). This is the only good reason we sell these skins on the item store.

So when we set a price in the item store we’re really setting the ceiling price. The idea being that almost no-one will pay the ceiling price if there’s a cheaper one on the marketplace. This doesn’t always work out for some reason. Ideally we want the ceiling price to be defined by the market conditions – not by us. It feels like this skin has had a good run – it’s made a decent return for its author (it has sold ~2,500 copies at ~$20). The hope is that by not selling it in the item store it will get quite rare again, so the secondary market can get value from it. It will be interesting to see whether it will get expensive again. Will people treasure it as much as when they knew it was $19 to buy on the item store?

GDC
Next week we’re at GDC. Don’t expect a patch, but don’t expect not a patch.

We don’t have a booth, we’re not giving any talks, we just decided that since we’re all around the world it’s a good opportunity to get together. So about 20 of us are headed to San Francisco next week. If you’re an indie showing your game there, don’t have BO, and are kind of interested in joining our team then give me a shout on twitter to come look it and have a chat.

Similarly, if you’re going to be there and want to tell us that legacy was better, or that ladders are fucked, or that the snow biome should come back, or that a hacker killed you, or that the guitar should have a midi interface, or that the xp system is bullshit, or that horses should be rideable, or that wolves should be tamable, or complain about a vac/eac ban, or ask why your favourite server is always down then Holmzy is your man. Find him, wrestle him to the ground, give him a list of your grievances then he’ll give you $50 of his own cash and organise them neatly and feed them back to us.

Changelist
  • Death screen killer name replaced properly in streamer mode
  • Added new skins
  • Updated EAC
  • Added convar server.queriespersecond (flood protection)
  • Added convar server.ipqueriespermin (flood protection)
  • Fixed item stack overflow not overflowing into inventory properly

Сверху